Guided Play has ended for 2021 and will begin again in May 2022
To sign up for Guided Play (GP) please email Jim Linsky @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Guided Play (GP) is an educational
program for newer pickleball players that have become PPPA members. GP allows them to receive instruction from a
more advanced player to improve their skills (serve, soft game at net, scoring,
rules of the game, 3rd shot “drop shot,” volleys, lob, etc.). GP also
creates an opportunity to meet and play with a variety of PPPA players.
Please email Jim Linsky @ email@example.com if you are interested in participating in GP. Please
note your skill level (1, 2 or 3) and the day and date you plan to
participate. A confirmation will be emailed to you. Skill level descriptions are posted below to
help you determine your appropriate GP skill level of a 1, 2 or 3. If you are uncertain, your instructor can
also assist you in determining your appropriate skill level.
Guided Play LOCATION: All GP
lessons are at Monument Valley Park (MVP), Colorado Springs
- Sundays 2-3 pm at MVP
and will resume May 2022.
- Guided Play will be limited to 20-24 students on a reservation only basis; no walk-ins will be able to participate
- Interested students need to email Jim Linsky @ firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the GP roster and a confirmation will be sent weekly
- Up to Six courts will be used at MVP weekly with one instructor for 4 students
- Check-in will begin at 1:45 p.m. and all participants will be required to sign the PPPA general waiver
- Participants need to bring their own paddle
Play Skill Levels
1: (1.5-2.0 skill level)
- Has had at least one lesson and be a member of PPPA
- Is a new player with minimal
knowledge of the game and the rules
- Has played a few games and is
learning the court lines, scoring and basic rules of the game.
- Demonstrates the basic strokes –
forehand, backhand, volley and the serve—but needs improvement on each of
2: (2.0-2.5 skill level)
- Drills to include serve deep,
return deep, controlled dinking
- Makes longer lasting slow-paced
- Beginning to approach the
non-volley zone to hit volleys
- Aware of the “soft game”
- Knowledge of the rules has
- Court coverage has improved.
3: (2.5-3.0 skill level)
the importance of strategy and teamwork in doubles.
- Drills: third-shot drop, lobs and volleys
- Court coverage (covering the
middle, covering the lines, playing together)
- Demonstrates improved control when
trying for direction, depth and power on shots
- Needs to develop variety with